Westalee Design Accredited Teacher
About The InstructorLeave a Review
I am a free motion quilting instructor who started free motion quilting a few years ago after I sent 2 quilts out to a long arm quilter. The long arm quilter did a beautiful job with a pantograph but I felt that I could not say I made this quilt myself, that a part of that quilt belonged to someone else. My mom says my first sentence was “I do it myself.” And that holds true today. I tell people that I piece quilts so I will have something to quilt. I was blessed to attend classes with an international instructor and before I knew it I was asked to teach free motion quilting. I started using rulers in my quilting a few years ago and learned about Westalee rulers at Houston Quilt Market in 2016 and was hooked. Teaching quilting with rulers was a natural progression and many students have even indicated that they find ruler work easier and certainly more fun.
I have entered my quilts in several shows and have won several awards. My quilts have earned multiple awards including Judge’s Choice, People’s Choice , Best Machine Quilting on a Domestic Machine, and Best in Show. I have a quilt juried in to show at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in 2020!
I live outside of Houston in the community of Huntsville, Texas with my husband Andrew. We have two sons, two daughters-in-law and three of the best grandchildren ever.
I am available for teaching, demonstrating at events and also as a speaker for quilt guilds. When I travel to a store and teach I like to walk through the store picking up items that I use. I talk to my students about these items in my lecture and the next thing I know they have slipped out of class to go buy these items before they are all gone. I am willing to travel throughout the U.S. and Canada and perhaps internationally although English is my only language.
Why Westalee Design Templates: “Westalee Rulers gives me precision and perfection in my quilting. It also pairs beautifully with free motion quilting.”
Additional Patterns and Courses Available on Sew Steady University By Ann:
- Back To Basics Tote Bag – $10.00
- Flower Power – Galaxy Project – $50.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Full Course – $75.00
- Poinsettia Table Runner – $10.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 1 – FREE
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 2 & 3 – $20.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 4 & 5– $20.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 6 & 7 – $20.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 8 & 9 – $20.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 10 – $15.00
- Annie’s Sampler – Block 11 & 12 – $20.00
- Candle Joy Placemat – $10.00
- Christmas Tree Placemat – $10.00
- Holiday Tote – $10.00
- Annie’s Sampler REVISITED – $50.00
- Granny & Me Antique Quilt – $20.00
- Spring Collection Wall Hanging – $10.00
- Artisan Garden – $40.00