Westalee Design Accredited Teacher
About The InstructorLeave a Review
My fascination with quilting began when I received a Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt as a wedding present in 1991. The gift of a second scrappy quilt further solidified my love of fabrics and colors. I made my first quilt to celebrate the birth of my first child around 1993. I had loved quilting ever since. I love all styles and types of quilts from art to modern, from traditional pieced to applique. I also love how quilting is a connection through the ages and across generations.
Originally a native of California, I graduated from West Point in 1991. Right after graduation, my husband Patrick and I began our life together by serving in the Army. I left the service in 1998 to be at home with our 5 children. For the next two decades, quilting became the bridge that helped me to build relationships in each new community. Though I have moved more than 20 times during my family’s military service, quilters are a welcoming group and I have been so thankful for them.
As my kids have grown, so have my quilting skills. I now have more time available to share the quilting skills that I love. I started teaching about 16 years ago. After our last move, I began working and teaching at local shops and guilds on a consistent basis. In 2016, I also became a professional longarm quilter, opening FabriKated Quilts.
In 2016, I was first introduced to Westalee Designs Quilting Rulers and Templates. I was instantly hooked! Rulerwork tools have helped me advance my quilting skills more that I ever dreamt possible. I am thrilled and proud to be a Sew Steady Education Ambassador and a Westalee Design Acredited Teacher. The freedom and creativity generated by these tools is so satisfying. I want to give that power to quilters everywhere.
I love sharing my passion for quilting and art, passing on a centuries old tradition, and creating beautiful items of comfort. Let’s start FabriKating your next quilt!
Click Here Learn more about our New Fun & Fancy Collection by Westalee Design and Kate Quinn
Additional Patterns and Courses Available on Sew Steady University By Kate:
- Fun and Fancy: Path to Ruler Work Class Series – $150.00
- Fun and Fancy: Quilt Sampler – $70.00
- The Fun and Sassy Table Topper – $20.00
- Feathers with Westalee Design Paisley Template – FREE
- Daisy Lively Mandala – $17.00
- The Classic Baptist Fan – FREE
- Blissful Spirits Wedding Ring Scrap Quilt – $70.00
- Feather Fantasy Sampler – $20.00
- Winter Wonderland Snowflake Sampler – $20.00
- Crossworks Quilt Pattern – $20.00 – Coming Soon
- Creative Crosshatching Designs – $15.00
- Concentric Tangent – $17.00
- Design Your Own Christmas Tree & Holiday Ornaments – $20.00
- KP’s Proposal Quilt – $20.00
- Feathers & Hearts – $15.00